Fashion: Five highlights from the #2015AFF
Post-Fashion Festival blues have kicked in. We are reminiscing (over a coffee of course) and have decided to share our five favourite highlights from the #2015AFF. Because TWAIN are all about moments that turn into memories…
- The styling– because, styling is everything. Nicole Bonython-Hines was the brainchild behind this year’s revamped AFF which has well and truly rivaled any interstate fashion festival. From mixing tribal accessories with feminine pieces for the Sally Phillips show and opening the iconic label to a new and younger audience, to styling THOSE sandals with socks for the BNKR show. Because let’s face it, fashion was meant to be conversational. A mention also needs to go to Nicole’s input in music which left our senses in overdrive. Can we all take a minute to hail the styling god that is, Nicole!
- The tease– because we all love an Instagram feed with a consistent flow. @ADLFASHIONFEST Instagram feed is well worth the mention. Nude and pink hues complemented the new AFF branding. A feed full of delicious snaps that teased us leaving us wanting a little bit more – a little bit more Cake Face that is. The mastermind behind this years digital platforms and promotion. We sure as hell will be stalking this page long after the dust settles at Hindmarsh Square.
- The standout model– Emily Wake is a face that TWAIN have been watching since our inception. Having braced catwalks for international designers such as Vivienne Westwood (read about it here), it was such a privilege to have Emily back in her home town strutting the catwalk.
- The standing ovation – because if any Adelaide talent is ever going to design for a couture house in France, then it’d have to be Paul (from Paolo Sebastian). That standing ovation was well deserved, leaving the wedding-sceptical TWAIN duo looking for someone to put a ring on it because let’s face it, what woman wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to wear a Paolo Sebastian masterpiece. An honourable mention goes out to Chris Kontos who made it ok for the rest of the audience to shed a tear.
- The music– because what is a fashion show without inspiring music to complement. The DJ was of course, Filip With An F, who is no amateur in the local fashion scene. We’re expecting an AFF highlights remix charting on iTunes in the coming week.
Until next year folks!… who are we kidding…. we have plenty of exciting interviews and coverage coming to keep you going throughout the week.
Photos courtey of @meaghan_coles_photography and @lovetwain